In addition to requirements noted on each SME PO, suppliers must comply with these QCs according to the commodity supplied.
Download as PDF
General Quality Clauses
- QA-01 - Machining suppliers must furnish inspection report, certificate of conformance and as applicable material and processing certifications for the parts, they submit to SME.
- QA-02 - Documented first article inspection reports shall be submitted to SME prior to the beginning of production. The supplier assumes all financial responsibility for replacement, rework, and material when production of parts is begun without first article inspection approval from quality. AS9102 format when stipulated on the PO.
- QA-03 - Any delay in shipment for any reason must be conveyed to SME quality as soon as the delay is known by the supplier.
- QA-04 - Any change to the contract requirements by the supplier must be approved by the SME in writing. Notify SME of changes in product and/or process, changes of suppliers, changes of manufacturing facility location and, where required, obtain SME approval.
- QA-05 - All documented information in each PO must be held in confidence by the supplier and no third-party request for information will be authorized unless instructed in writing by SME.
- QA-06 - All documented information applicable to SME POs must be retained for 10 years minimum and positively controlled or rendered unusable thereafter. These retention and disposition requirements apply unless otherwise required by SME or its customers.
- QA-07 - In addition to SME’s right of access, the supplier agrees to right of access for SME customers, or regulatory agencies to the applicable areas of all facilities at any level of the supply chain, involved in the order and to all applicable records in the performance of this contract.
- QA-08 - Manufactures or machining suppliers must have a quality system in compliance to AS9003, AS9100, or ISO9001; SME may make conditional exceptions based on supplier survey information or applicable customer requirements.
- QA-09 - Suppliers are required to notify quality prior to transferring any work to a new facility. SME will determine (prior to the transfer) if the supplier may perform the transfer of work.
- QA-10 - Supplier must notify SME of nonconforming product and obtain SME’s approval for the disposition of nonconforming material
- QA-11 - Requirements for the supplier to flow down to the supply chain the applicable requirements, including customer requirements in SME purchasing documents, including key characteristics and applicable F.O.D. control processes where required.
- QA-12 - Requirements for the supplier to comply with executive order E13224. Supplier shall not engage in any transaction of any type with persons or businesses or organizations who commit, threaten to commit or support terrorism.
- QA-13 - When ITAR, EAR and/or other government rated data is noted on the purchase order, blueprint, or other manufacturing information, the US government restrictions/requirements must be followed. If you have any questions concerning export controlled items or government rating, notify the company buyer. All concerns must be addressed prior to the acceptance of this order.
- QA-14 - Supplier must have a process to control counterfeit parts from being delivered to SME (A product produced or altered to imitate or resemble a product without authority or right to do so, with the intent to mislead or defraud by passing the imitation as original or genuine).
- QA-15 - All suppliers using conflict materials (Tin, Tantalum, Tungsten, and Gold) must ensure they come from a conflict-free source per the Dodd Frank act section 1502 and a completed EICC reporting template must be sent to SME before the first shipment of product. When conflict material is used, all product certifications must state that applicable materials were acquired from a conflict-free source.
- QA-16 - Supplier must ensure its personnel are aware of their contribution to product/service conformity, product safety and the importance of ethical behavior.
- QA-17 - Supplier must maintain a minimum product/service conformity rating of 95% and a minimum on-time delivery rating of 90%. SME monitors supplier performance quarterly and will notify applicable suppliers of required action when nonconforming ratings are detected.
Combined Quality Clauses by Commodity: Processing Suppliers
- QC-01 - Processing suppliers must furnish processing certifications to SME purchase order requirements, and shall not process any parts for which they are not certificated or approved. Acceptable quality system requirement are AC7004, ISO9001, or AS9100; SME may make conditional exceptions based on supplier survey information or applicable customer requirements. Supplier must have the ability to ensure the adequacy of the special-process provided and provide SME the required documentation per purchase order requirements. General QCs QA-03 through QA-07 and QA-09 through QA-17 apply.
Combined Quality Clauses by Commodity: Material Suppliers.
- QC-02 - Material suppliers must furnish material certifications to SME PO requirements, and shall not supply material for which they are not certificated or approved. When noted on our purchase orders, raw material supplied must be USA domestic material. Acceptable quality system requirements are ISO9001, AS9100 or AS9120; SME may make conditional exceptions based on supplier survey information or applicable customer requirements. The Supplier must have the ability to ensure the adequacy of the product provided and provide SME the required documentation per purchase order requirements. General QCs QA-03 through QA-07 and QA-09 through QA-17 apply.
Combined Quality Clauses by Commodity: Machining & Manufacturing Suppliers
- QC-03 - The Supplier must have the ability to ensure the adequacy of the product provided to SME and provide the required documentation per purchase order requirements. General QCs QA-01 through QA-17 apply.
Combined Quality Clauses by Commodity: Calibration & Testing Suppliers
- QC-04 - Calibration and Testing suppliers must furnish calibration/test reports to SME purchase order requirements, and be traceable to the specific equipment or item for which they are calibrating or testing, traceability to NIST and/or other national or international standards must be supplied. ISO9001, ISO 17025, Nadcap testing, ANSI Z540, and/or Navlap accreditation will be the quality system requirements; SME may make conditional exceptions based on supplier survey information or applicable customer requirements. General QCs QA-03 through QA-07 and QA-09 through QA-17 apply.